Monday, September 13, 2010

At CSH Conference

I will be on a panel at the Council for Secular Humanism's 30th Anniversary Conference in Los Angeles (California), which is taking place October 7th-10th (2010). Unfortunately this event was way more amazing than I knew, so it's already sold out. So this notice won't be of any use to anyone--except those already lucky enough to be going. But I will be joining several other speakers on a joint panel discussion about the future of secular humanism in America, concluding the conference between 9am and noon on Sunday October 10. I will be attending the whole conference, though. So I'll be around. They will be selling my books, through their own vendor (I'm not involved in that), but if you find me I'll sign anything you buy. For those who want to salivate at what you can't go see, everything you'd ever want to know about the conference is provided on a rather spectacular website. The speaker roster is very impressive, and the events promise to be pretty extraordinary.

5 comments:

Landon Hedrick said...

Looks like a good one. Let us know how things go.

Luke said...

Sold out!

D'oh!

Pikemann Urge said...

That is indeed a very esteemed group of people! Richard Dawkins, no less. I am very sure that it will be as much fun as it will be entertaining. And I look forward to listening to the presentations on-line.

I would like to add a personal note, and I hope you don't mind (it's slightly on-topic as he is one of the speakers at CSH). Robert M. Price, as he has mentioned on his podcast, is in a bit of trouble financially at the moment. He's asking for his readership to help if they can. If it is at all possible, can you mention this in your next blog entry?

Dr. Price did not ask me to mention it, just in case anyone is wondering.

Lennius said...

Any idea where we might be able to get the audio/video of you at this conference, Richard?

Richard Carrier said...

They didn't film every event. Mine was one of the ones they didn't film. But I do appear twice, as the last questioner in the Q&A to the confrontation vs. accommodation debate (with Sam Harris) and panel (with Eugenie Scott). If they loaded video of those events (at the conference website, link in the main post above), I'll be there at the end presumably.